Stepping one Jimmy Choo in front of the other, I made my way through the front doors of Octavian Country Day High School, a grande pumpkin spice latte in one hand and a venti iced coffee in the other; the latter was for the alpha on account of the text I’d received from her just before I left my house about how she barely got any sleep at all the night before. She didn’t really explain why, but I didn’t want to push her. She needed the coffee and caffeine first.
Just as the warning bell chimed, Massie met me at our lockers – which is exactly where and when we said we’d meet. Right on time.
“Surprise! Thought you’d want this…” I cheered as I held the venti-sized plastic cup out for her to take.
“Ehmagawd, Leesh you’re ah-mazing. Thank you!” she said, grabbing the cup and almost immediately took a long gulp of it right after. “I needed that.”
“So what’s going on? Well…” I paused, “if you don’t mind me asking. You said you had trouble sleeping last night? That only happens when something major stresses you out or when we have our Friday Night Sleepovers. I know there wasn’t a sleepover last night, so what’s got you stressed out? You can talk to me, I promise.”
The second warning bell signaled that we had exactly two minutes to get to our first classes.
Massie looked down the hall and hesitated, but she finally spoke after the hustle and bustle of the halls became louder and louder.
“Manicures after school? I’ll explain everything then!” she yelled as she turned to get to her class. I sighed but was just glad that she was going to tell me – even if it were later in the day.
Guess I wouldn’t be focusing on school work during classes – I couldn’t wait to find out what was going on.
Hola Mis Amores,
~ I hope all of you j’adore my new blog set-up! All of the changes are explained below:
• New theme, new makeover: This Spun theme is just 10x easier to maintain while I’m busy with college. No header required. No background required either. Plus, in my opinion, this theme makes the entire blog look a little bit more simple and elegant.
• New post beginning. Instead of continuing the “Currently I’m…” little paragraph at the beginning, which another blogger or two had also caught onto doing, I’ll be starting my posts off with the reporter-esque intro. It brings Alicia’s hobby and personality into the posts a bit more.
• New notes section and sign off after the post. I got bored with the previous ones.
• New page order and pages are also re-edited. Again, I got bored with the previous ones.
• In case any of you aren’t familiar with the Spun theme, to view the widgets, just click on the plus sign at the bottom of the screen.